The Catboy's Ideas

This is a little blog for my ideas and such as well as a little bit of info on my life. Hope you all like it.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

For Kintaro

To those that know me... or read my comic you know that my characters are based on those in my life. Those that help shape my life and make me who I am.
Today I have lost a part of me that I can never get back...
I remember picking the kitten up in my hands and looking into those little eyes... noticing that he looked slightly cross eyed. We had to take both him and his brother if we wanted the orange kitten. My roommate was the one that wanted the kitten, I just wanted to continue with college.
I took them home... he took the orange cat.. I took the other... he looked Siamiese and Burmiese but he was neither... still I took him and named him Kintaro after the hero of the anime I was watching at the time.

He loved to eat whatever was in reach... including fried rice...
He would find the most comfortable spot in your lap, shoulder, or right on your face and wouldn't move unless you lifted him up and scratched his chin until he fell asleep.

He was the one that stayed near me... that when I wanted to be alone he would stay near me.
He would find that comfortable spot and lay there.. purring and looking up at me with those eyes that looked like he was doped up or something.

I will miss you Kintaro...
I will miss your cry as you yet again wanted me to walk you to your food bowl then look at me like, " So what? Dry again." then keep making that half hearted mew that drove into me as I pulled out the friskies and dished it on top of the dry cat food.
I will miss how you would take my computer chair as your own... and even if I moved you onto the warm bed and moved the comforter around you so that anyone laying there would be happy.... you would wait until I left the chair and rush to it... lay down.. and go to sleep.

I miss you Taro...
I hope to see you again.

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true friendships never ends in memory, you will always have that. i am sorry for your loss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home